Thursday, April 11, 2013

Letter from Family Collaborator, Floyd E. Haupt

TUCKER: 
Letter from
Floyd E. Haupt



"Thanks for the data on the Tuckers.  I decided to xerox all of it and return evverything to you [Wiley Benjamin Hill, Jr.].  I'm glad to have one question answered (but not glad for the way it was answered).  I have wondered whether or not there were any deeds for the Richland County.  My daughter, Ruth Ellen, married John L._______. [omitted for privacy sake],on June 19th.  They live in Salt Lake City.  She just graduated and has gotten a bug about genealogy.  Since I have been swamped lately, (I'm writing a book on computers), I will let her carry the ball for awhile in genealogy.  I loaned her all the basic collections.

" Aunt Florence is visiting us for a few days--she lives in Santa Barbara.  (That is one of my mother's sisters); another of my mother's sisters, Nelly Brown, died on June 26th down in Tucson.  Aunt Florence recently had part of her right leg amputated and so we have a 'wooden legged' aunt.  I suppose it is our pirate ancestry showing up again.

"Did I tell you that I had traced the Tucker line back to Elizabeth County, Virginia and from there to England?  A few generations are hazy but there is no _______[torn off] our line.  Alexander Brown's Genesis of the United States _______[part of torn off piece] has the Tucker lineage in it."

[Signed] Floyd E. Haupt


Date in or around the 1970's?  This was a part of loose files belonging to Wiley Benjamin Hill, Jr.
A one page letter, envelope missing, and torn on the bottom left corner. 

No comments: