Saturday, March 21, 2009

I found an earlier letter from Emma Mae

Laurel, Miss.
19 March 1966

Dear Cousin Ben.

We were so happy you were able to attend the centenial celebration.  We had quite a house full, Didn't we?  There would have been more had there not been so much sickness.  On that day my niece was very, very sick in a hospital in Natchez and she passed away the following Saturday nite at 9:30 oclock.

My sister, Inez come up to wtay with father and my husband and I went up to Natchez on Monday to the funeral.  She was inturned up there.  She was a wonderful sweet Christian.  She was my brother Wiley's oldest living child.  Her mother and brother, Tom King was here in the afternoon.

Thanks so much for the gift of money.  I will buy him some powder and body lotions with it.  It take a lot of those things to care for old people.  With your gift, Dad received over $50.00 in money. 

Ben it is impossible to get the folder into the package so I am putting the notes in as are along with a write up of the celebration.  Will try to get you a prent of the picture soon.  Be sure and save those family picture of Great Grandpa Wiley [King] and others for I don't have any for my book.  I would appreciate your help on the book when we get all data togather.

Best wishes to you & yours
Your Cousin, Emma Mae.

No comments: